Tuesday 20 November 2012

Home!

After 7 weeks away, I'm now back in Cham and loving every second of it. The snow hasn't really arrived yet but it feels like winter, with the temperature low and a heavy frost on the ground until the middle of the day. Climbing conditions look superb in the hills right now, but with the Montenvers train being the only lift open, access is going to be tough. That said, there are plenty of options for those willing to walk (things have to be pretty good for me to be in that category) so I'll be looking to get out ASAP. In the meantime I have a little plan for some skiing tomorrow...

The last 7 weeks have been pretty frantic, and there is a report on my trip to Nepal here, and I'll be adding a report soon about the Wilderness First Responder course that I did last week. For anyone interested it is a superb course (and one I should have done a long time ago), so email me if you have any questions about it.

In the meantime, here's a few gratuitous mountain shots from Nepal -


Annapurna S face


Tent Peak base camp after a dump of fresh snow


Our high point on Tent Peak - it's not the summit but the view made up for it


Langtang Lirung at sunset


Chris Rounds just below the summit of Naya Kanga


Sunset over Langtang and Shishapangma